Welcome to Life Connections Official Blog Site

It is our hope and prayer that the words of this Blog may be thought provoking. Your thoughts and comments are very much appreciated.

Monday, August 02, 2010

Heartfelt Words to a Young Friend who Happens to be Wiccan.

Austin, I believe all things were made by Yeshua, the Creator. The only belief that really counts for me though is that a Jewish carpenter who called Himself the "I Am" died on a cross for me and you outside the walls of Jerusalem and now His Spirit lives in me. The rest of my beliefs pale to this. It is my prayer that you would add Yeshua to your belief one day.

Religion and religious beliefs are mostly human's vain attempts to save themselves. No bible or set of rules ever saved anybody. "Saved" means to me I am not my own, I belong to Him who called me out of darkness to the Light: Yeshua is Light.

I can not prove my belief in Him; I can only believe it with every ounce of my being. "Salvation" and "Church" are but two of the multitude of religious words that mean nothing if Yeshua is not the Eternal One who came to this earth as a man to show us what "God" really looks like. How this is possible I do not have a clue and simply believe it.

My life was so full of hypocrisy (a kind word for shit) and over my 63 years of life I've committed every "sin" known to man, either physically or in my heart. I've killed, I've committed unfaithfulness in and out of marriage. I've also done many "good" things. I thought I had all the answers and still there was a hole in my heart. In the name of "God" I beat my son and called him worthless (and much more, so much that it would fill the pages of Facebook). He was and is the most intelligent of people I've known. I taught him how to lie and be deceitful. I am so proud of my son, but I doubt if he will ever believe me and I do not blame him for any of my behaviors. I only blame myself.

Austin, I respect you for who you are just as I respect my son. No one has the right to hurt another human being, much less his own son. I am dedicated to non-violence in any of it's forms: verbal, non-verbal, emotional and physical. I teach men who have battered their families as I once did mine. I've worked for Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services for over ten years. I know I can never "make up" for what I've done and I am learning to forgive myself; yet I will not ever forgive myself for what I have done, for I believe my actions were unforgivable.

Yeshua from the cross said: "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." He didn't say forgive them for what they were doing--for what they were doing was monstrous: killing the physical form of God. Yeshua said "forgive them" and His death was the one act that makes that possible. And I believe Yeshua forgives me, not my monstrous acts to my son or to others. I accepted His sacrifice in my place by accepting Him as the Lord of Life.

Yeshua's Shaloam.

Don

Would you please prayerfully consider my words and pray for me as I also continue to pray for you.

No comments: