Welcome to Life Connections Official Blog Site

It is our hope and prayer that the words of this Blog may be thought provoking. Your thoughts and comments are very much appreciated.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Doobee or Not Doobee: That is THE Question--or is it?

Ok, here it is as promised. I said whatever I wrote was going to offend some people even though I promise you it is not my intention.

Whatever you thought I was going to write about tells you more about yourself than it does me.  Just like what you get from reading the Bible lets you know a whole lot more about where you are coming from than what really might have been the intension of the original writers.

What ever you may have thought about what I meant by "Doobee", I promise you I was not advocating doing something illegal, even if you think it's a stupid law.

In my younger days I had the opportunity to be influenced by THC on more than one occasion. It's pretty amazing to see "flares" floating down over Hill 360, which rose above the DaNang airport, when under the influence of a mind altering chemical.

Viet Nam claimed the blood of hundreds of thousands of young men and women including my best friend, Earl Carl Edwin Tidwell, Jr.  Earl's name is now on "the Wall" in Washington D.C. with all those other names.  What do they mean, really?

They mean what ever you want them to mean. As Catherine Ponder wrote:  "Thoughts of your mind have made you what you are and thoughts of your mind will make you whatever you become from this day forward."

Something is only an issue if you decide to make it one.  What's your most important issue?  Really.

Are you sad?  Are you afraid?  Are you full of guilt or shame? You want to be happy?


"Happiness and Joy are states of the mind in the heart of our soul.
Decide to be happy especially at the times you don't feel like it. Try not to blame your behaviors or your feelings on others, they belong to you and you alone. 
And last but not least: Joy spelled backwards is yoJ."

I just wrote the above quote on my facebook page tonight. :)


So, what does "Doobee" mean to you?

Whatever you need it to mean. That really is THE question.

Isn't it?

(Unless you're color blind and you're unable to see the THE.)

No comments: